Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Finally good news for Barack Obama..........

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally good news for Barack Obama..........

    I was waiting for someone to try that, didn't really expect it to be you Cane. That is not comparing apples to apples. With obama this wasn't just his "friend" it was the person he looked to for guidance and leadership and supported monetarily for 20 years. You don't look to your friend for guidance and leadership do you, you don't give your friend a check every month because you want to let him keep doing what he's doing do ya. Nice try but not even close to being a good argument against his affiliation with Wright.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally good news for Barack Obama..........

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was waiting for someone to try that, didn't really expect it to be you Cane. That is not comparing apples to apples. With obama this wasn't just his "friend" it was the person he looked to for guidance and leadership and supported monetarily for 20 years. You don't look to your friend for guidance and leadership do you, you don't give your friend a check every month because you want to let him keep doing what he's doing do ya. Nice try but not even close to being a good argument against his affiliation with Wright. </div></div>

    I've given said friend money to try to get him going in the right direction. I've supported him as a good friend for many years, since we were both in our early teens.

    I think it's a very valid comparison IF I were running for office. You don't think, honestly, that anyone wouldn't try to make a connection between myself and this friend and paint it in a bad way IF I were running for office?

    I may not look to this friend for "guidance & leadership", but just the same--my ex pastor I grew up with says some pretty crazy stuff in the pulpit these days, compared to what he used to preach. I grew up seeking advice from him and looked to him for spiritual leadership. Does that mean that, now, after I've not been a member of said church for 6+ years that what he preaches NOW from the pulpit has a bearing on what I am supposed to believe nowadays? Not at all.

    Paint someone if you want, but all that's just window dressings when it comes down to it. Focus on the issues that he'll have to face in office IF he gets there, not on who so-and-so who used to have a link to him. It's putting the focus on something else that's ultimately not that important and taking it away from what we should be ultimately looking at to decide who to vote for.

    I'd love to talk about issues instead of every political thread becoming a mud slinging match. It's ridiculous and it's really part of the reason why we're in the shape we're in--we have only us to blame.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally good news for Barack Obama..........

    You still aren't comparing apples to apples, you said you haven't been a member of your church for 6 years and no longer attend and seek guidance from it and the pastor of it. Then no you wouldn't be held accountable for that, but if you were still going there and a member and looking to them for guidance such as obama was (right up till it may have effected his political campaign) then yes you should be held accoutable for your association with them. I am not talking about a few times the pastor may say something that hits a nerve and you don't like it, this guys message never changed all he did was propogate racial issues and all he cared about was the pormotion of the black race above everyone else. You still aren't giving a good argument with your friend and trying to cmpare giving him a few bucks every now and then to actually dedicating a percentage of your monthly income to him and the further growth of his agenda.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member buck73's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2006
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally good news for Barack Obama..........

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my ex pastor I grew up with says some pretty crazy stuff in the pulpit these days, compared to what he used to preach. I grew up seeking advice from him and looked to him for spiritual leadership. Does that mean that, now, after I've not been a member of said church for 6+ years that what he preaches NOW from the pulpit has a bearing on what I am supposed to believe nowadays? Not at all. </div></div>

    If you still attended the church where the pastor was preaching crazy stuff then people could hold that against you. You say you haven't been there for 6+ years so you his preaching can't be held against you.
    Obama was still attending his church when his pastor said all that crazy stuff (and I would be willing to bet it wasn't the first time he said anything crazy while Obama was in the congregation)
    Macho Man
    [img]http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2007/11/01/2003988995.jpg[/img]

    2007 ACC Champions!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •